Add some fire to your favourite BBQ prawn recipe. Ideally, use king prawns either in their skin or peeled and deveined. Use the eChurrasco skewers makes it easier to evenly grill these fiery beauties, which hail from Mozambique and South Africa and will go down a treat in your backyard.
makes 6 skewers
For the peri-peri sauce
- 4 small red chillies (seeded and chopped finely)
- 2 lemons (juice only)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (or use a blender), then refrigerate.
- 18 raw green prawns (peeled and deveined)
- Combine the prawns with 3 tablespoons of the peri-peri sauce, cover and pop in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Set up your eChurrasco for grilling.
- Place 3 prawns on to each of the 6 skewers neatly and set aside until required.
- When the coals turn white, place the prawn skewers onto the barbecue above the hot charcoal, turning often until just cooked.